Changing Places and New Forest Toilets
There are a number of changing places facilities within the New Forest area which are either within local attractions, shops and business or are listed on our attraction page. The most up to date site for details of facilities is here: Changing Places - there are also a couple of free phone apps available - Radar Toilet Finder Apps, and this web site provides a list of the nearest public toilet.
They include the following public toilets
- Lymington - Bath Road toilets near the Sea Water Bath and RNLI Station - SO41 3SE
- Sea Road Car Park, Sea Road, Milford on Sea - SO41 0DA near the village centre but an easy walk from the sea.
- New Milton Recreation Ground - BH25 6EB
In shopping areas
- New Milton Tesco - pictured above - BH 25 6BP
- Lower Gardens, Bournemouth - BH1 2AQ
- Dolphin Shopping Centre, Poole - BH15 1SZ
- West Quay Shopping, Southampton - SO15 1BA
At Attractions and Places to Visit
- Longdown Activity Farm - SO41 7EH
- Paultons Park - SO51 6AL
- Moors Valley Country Park - BH24 2ET
- Boscombe - Great for the beach - BH5 1BN
- Quays Swimming Pool in Southampton - SO15 1BA
- Lepe Country Park - Coffee with a view, Beach Wheelchairs and more - SO45 1AD
- Winchester Science Centre - SO21 1HZ - the Changing Places facility is available 24/7 and you do not need to enter the attraction, and it is just 10 minutes from the M3 / A34 Winnal interchange if you need to break your journey to the New Forest.
- Tapnell Farm Park, Aqua Park and more, PO41 0YL - if you have chosen to spend the day on the Isle of Wight, they have a changing room, complete with electronic changing table for disabled adults and kids. Disabled Changing Room described on their web site as "complete with toilet and electronic Therapy Mat Table, available for adults and children. The electronic Therapy Mat Table lowers to a minimum height of 46 cm and rises to a maximum height of 100 cm. There is no hoist."
- Mayflower Theatre in Southampton -one of the biggest theatres on the south coast - with its own changing facilities - your can view a tour here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWbQxleHWFM - or discover more about its access facilities here: Mayflower Theatre
Community Toilet Scheme
The Community Toilet Scheme makes it easier for people with mobility difficulties to explore and enjoy more areas of the New Forest. There are no public toilets in the north of the Forest but elsewhere across the Forest businesses who are part of the scheme display a window sticker which shows the toilet facilities that they are able to offer. More details of the scheme can be found here: Community Toilets - New Forest.
We are aware that this information is always changing, and we really appreciate it if you can update us with any new facilities or changes so we can keep this information up to date.