Our Bench - Garden Bench - Wheelchair accessible Accommodation for five with ceiling hoist and large quiet garden
Garden Bench - Wheelchair accessible Accommodation for five with level access throughout & large quiet garden
Garden Bench is a fully accessible detached self catering cottage, on the outskirts of Lymington, surrounded by the New Forest National Park. This 1920's style bungalow has been completely renovated to offer purpose built self catering accommodation - it offers ground floor accommodation with level access throughout with its own private drive and large secure rear garden with large paved patio area.
It is the ideal location for a quiet relaxing holiday - being fully detached, you can enjoy a BBQ on the patio in the sunshine without worrying about being overlooked or you can curl up in the lounge and take time to unwind with a flat screen television, free wifi and the watch the flames flicker from the wood burning stove.
Garden Bench sleeps up to 5 guests.
Garden Bench is an ideal base for the New Forest, Hampshire and Dorset. Fantastic day trips include trips inclue Paultons Park, Longleat, Marwell Zoo, Longdown Activitiy Farm as well as Beaulieu, Furzey gardens, or Portsmouth. There is a huge variety of places and experiences to enjoy from boat tips to cycle rides - all accessible for people with additional needs - we have put together some suggestions for a preplanned accessible holiday and additional ideas on our web site and social media pages.
Facilities At a glance
- A large light and airy master bedroom with a ceiling hoist, height adjustable profiling bed and additional profiling bed with turning space for a wheelchair.
- A large well laid out wheelchair friendly wet room is adjacent with a choice of shower chairs and stools, grab rails and adjustable sink.
- A large wheelchair accessible 2nd bedroom with two electric head and foot riser beds (twin as standard but can be made into a king on request) with a standard single bed - sleeps 3.
- Central heating, off road parking and free Wifi as standard.
- All the accommodation is on ground floor, with level access throughout with a private garden with swing nest, outside lighting and BBQ.
- Open plan lounge, kitchen and dining area with wood buring stove
- Small conservatory overlooking the garden
- Well behaved dogs welcome - extra charge.
- Access Statement available here, layout plan and 360 tour below (scroll down).
Garden Bench your ideal accessible accommodation in the New Forest
- Garden Bench is fully detached, and has a large private garden and off road parking - it is ideal if you are looking for a quiet location.
- There is a height adjustable profiling / carers bed in the master bedroom with removable rails. The 2nd bed in this bedroom is also a head and foot riser bed. Both beds are accessible via the ceiling hoist.
- The second bedroom is wheelchair accesssible - so ideal for families - these beds can be accessed via mobile hoist if preferred, making this accommodation our most versitile in what it can offer. This room offers the choice of three single beds or we can make the room up as a king size double.
- Accessible Wet Room with wheel in shower area, adjustable height washbasin, standard height WC with drop down grab rails and optional toilet seat riser. We can provide a variety of wheeled shower chairs, commodes or stools.
- Fitted modern kitchen with wheelchair access - including all the facilities you need - washing machine, oven, microwave, coffee machine .and foldaway dining area with seating for four, yet still enabling you maximum space to move around your holiday cottage.
- Open plan lounge with an electric riser recliner chair, and two comfortable 2 seater sofas and wood burner - there is even a supply of wood for you in the garage.
- Colour television with Chrome Cast and Netflix in the lounge, second large television in the masterbedroom for lazy morning or early nights!
- Free wifi
- The quiet garden has a large patio area with garden table and seating for 6, a bbq and a hidden corner where you will find a nest check to relax in.
- Designed with wheelchairs in mind - there is plenty of turning space for wheelchair, and level access from the private driveway (parking for one car) to your door.
- We can provide a range of additional equipment such as a Sara Stedy, standing hoist, rota stand, choice of shower chairs for the duration of your stay - and have contacts so Oxygen, specialist matteresses, carers or even a personal chef can come along to make your holiday a restful break.
- The accommodation is made up ready for you - with fresh linen, clean towels, you are even welcome to have shopping delivered before you arrive... as hosts we understand what can make your stay easier for you!
Garden Bench photo gallery
Garden Bench New Forest Accessible Self Catering Accommodation
The self catering accommodation comprises of an open-plan kitchen, lounge, dining area, small conservatory, large wet room and two bedrooms, all facilites are on the ground floor in this purposely altered detached bungalow.
Garden Bench sleeps up to five people in two bedrooms
The kitchen is fully equipped, having split level work surfaces, electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge with small freezer, dishwasher and washing machine. All kitchen utensils, cutlery and china are supplied. We aim to include everything you are likely to need to make your stay pleasant, relaxing and enjoyable.
The dining area includes a gate legged dining table and four chairs (additional chairs in the conservatory). This is stored folded down to maximise space as a lot of our guests enjoy dining Al Fresco on the patio.
Leading off the kitchen is a small conservatory area with seating for two people - ideal for morning coffee as you can sit and watch the birds, or your children playing outside.
The lounge has comfortable seating, including a electric riser/recliner chair and 2 two seater leather style sofas and a wood burning stove - perfect to relax in front of during an Autumn or Winter break. There is a digital television with Chrome Cast, enabling you to watch your netflix, amazon or You tube account. A selection of books and leaflets on the New Forest to help plan your holiday. There is free Wifi available.
The master bedroom has an electric profiling / carers bed which has foot and head risers and is fully height adjustable and is fixed with bed guards. The second bed is a single electric foot and head riser bed. There is access to a ceiling hoist over both beds. There is a wall mounted colour television with remote and inbuilt DVD for leisurely mornings or evenings. This room is furnished with a chest of drawers, and bedside units with alarm clock.
Garden Bench's second bedroom is a triple bedded room. This includes 2 electric foot and head riser beds which work independently and can be a made up as king or twin, there is a third bed - a standard single. There is a wardrobe, chest of drawers. bedside cabinets, an alarm clock. This room can accommodate a baby in a travel cot if required.
All beds will be made up with fresh linen, duvets and pillows before your arrival.
The modern fully accessible wet room has a large shower area and grab rail. The adjustable washbasin can be lowered for your comfort. The standard height toilet is access friendly too with drop down rails and space both sides for lateral transfer, a raised toilet seat is available if you need it.
Outside is a lovely level patio with a table and chairs in the secure private garden which is mainly laid to lawn. There is a garage which contains a tumble drier which you are welcome to use, as well as space and charging point for any scooters or wheelchairs you may bring with you. You will also find a small supply of wood for the fire.
There is off road parking for your car on the driveway and easy level access to your front door and garden.
We are able to accept dogs in Garden Bench, as it has its own private garden - although they are subject to additional charge of £100 for up to 2 dogs and the completion of a pets booking form which highlights that no dogs go on the furniture, you clean up after your pet etc. Our additional charges enable us to clean the carpets, etc prior to the next guests arrival.
All bed-linen, towels and tea towels along with gas central heating, hot water and Wifi is included in our tariff.
Book Garden Bench direct for our best prices and availabilty
Bookings are Friday to Friday peak season. Weekends (Friday to Monday) and short breaks (Monday to Friday) are subject to availabilty. You can book online (please add any specialist requirements in the comments box) with payment by card and instant confirmation - the underlined dates are days you can start your booking, alternatively you are welcome to complete an enquiry form and we will be in touch as soon as we can, where BACS and cheques payments can be made.
Please ensure you have read our terms and conditions, by booking with us you are agreeing these conditions
Plan and 360 tour of the cottage
We understand for some of our guests they would really like to see in advance whether the accommodation is suitable for their needs - our plans are not quite to scale and the furniture sometimes is moved around but these give you an idea of the layout and sapce available.
Bench Cottage Access Statement is available online - with measurements of doorways, hoists, weight specifications etc and you can view a rate card here - both open in a new window.
You can view a 360 degree tour below.
You are welcome to interact with the tour above, look around the different rooms in Garden Bench.
Carbon Neutral Holiday Cottage
The electricity used in Little Bench comes from 100% renewable sources and the carbon from the gas used for heating and cooking is completely offset, helping to ensure that we protect our local environment for years to come. We encourage guests to recycle their waste - with glass, tins, cardboard, plastic, paper recycling, composting facilities, and with general race being incinerated to create electricity in the county. With the bus stopping outside the door, you can choose to reduce your vehicle emissions too! We do not have facilities to charge electric cars on the premises but there are fast charging points available in Lymington town centre.
Lymington has many restaurants, public houses and takeaways and lots of individual shops, as well as some national stores. Discover the hidden park behind the shops or visit our market which is held every Saturday from 8am till 4pm, where you can purchase everything you need for your perfect holiday. All within a 20 minute walk or 5 minutes by car. A map giving directions can be found in your cottage.
The New Forest National Park is on your doorstep, where 93,000 acres of forest are waiting for you to explore. See the New Forest ponies wondering through some of the villages, walk through the enclosures and see if you can spot a deer, park up in one of the many New Forest car parks and enjoy a picnic.
Come in the spring when the young foals can be seen everywhere, sit in the shade of the forest or on the cliff tops in the sun. In the autumn come and see the splendor of the autumn colours and in winter the forest is a magical place and there are so many attractions and museums to visit whilst you are here - you will find all the details in your cottage. Explore the local area further and see our suggestions of places to vist, In Lymington, the New Forest, or some Day Trip ideas.