Accessible equipment available
To make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable we have a range of equipment available at no extra charge.
- Please book any of the items below, on your booking form, so that they can be reserved for you and put into the cottage prior to your arrival.
- Equipment cannot be put in once you have arrived as they are not stored on the premises.
- Please note that our electric beds and riser/recliner chair can only take a maximum weight of 21 stone / 133 kg.
Our Specialist Equipment includes:
- Oxford Midi Hoist 170 - bring your own sling
- Oxford Mini Hoist 140 - bring your own sling
- Monkey Pole - patient helper
- Wheel in Shower Chair
- Lightweight folding wheelchair
- Zimmer - Walking frame with or without wheels
- High seat with arms for washing etc
- Stool for use in shower or washing etc
- Folding three wheeled walker
- Folding four wheeled walker with seat
- Over bed table
- Lap tray on bean bag
- Free standing lap tray
- Firm Support Cushion
- Firm upright seat with arms
- Firm Dining chair
- Two tired tea trolley
- Bed cradle
- Parnell Premier Bed Rail - can be used with electric beds.
- Bed Guard - Please note the beds cannot be used as head and
foot riser beds and for safety are disconnected - Bed guards are fitted as standard on the profiling bed and enable the bed to work fully.
- Travel Cot - bring your own sheets, blankets
- High Chair for toddler - Ikea Style.
- Anyone using any of our equipment does so at their own risk and the proprietors of Our Bench Self Catering accept no liabilities in respect of any injury, fall or the breakdown of any equipment whilst in your use. All equipment must be returned cleaned and in working order.
- There are facilities available for charging buggies and power chairs, but you will need to bring your own charger.
- We shall do our best to supply the equipment required but cannot guarantee it so please check availability before arrival.
- You can download our accessible equipment list here if you need to share it with friends, carers and family.
- Our electric beds and chairs take a maximum weight of 21 stone (133 kilos).
To make your stay easier you may like to make arrangements with a private care agency. Please contact and book with them direct, as they can then ensure they provide the service that you require, one of the best places to search for the right care is through the United Kingdom Homecare Association - you can search via location - please use the postcode S041 8HH for the most up to date list of carers available.
United Kingdom Homecare Association Ltd (UKHCA) is the professional association of home care providers from the independent, voluntary, not-for-profit and statutory sectors. UKHCA helps organisations that provide social care (also known as domiciliary care or homecare), which may include nursing services, to people in their own homes, promoting high standards of care and providing representation with national and regional policy-makers and regulators, but due to the demand for care in the New Forest - it is esssential to confirm your carers availabilty before you confirm your holiday dates.
Guests staying at Our Bench Self Catering Cottages have been pleased with the care they have received from the following companies, who are familiar with the cottages - although you are welcome to choose your own.
- Oakhaven care provides sensitive and personalised care originally to patients at Oakhaven Hospice in Lymington, now they are able to care for people in their own home or staying in our holiday cottages and with all profits being ploughed back into the local hospice. We rececently met Sarah today from the team, and she told us that we would be delighted to help guests with personal care, assistance getting up and going to bed, washing and dressing etc.
For more details visit: www.oakhavencare.co.uk or call 01590 646440
Additional Equipment, Mobility Scooters and Wheelchairs
A local company, Richen's Care is able to hire out a range of additional equipment, for the duration of your holiday - it can be delivered to the cottage prior to your arrival and collected on the day of your departure. You can contact Richens Care on 01425 638006 direct to arrange the hire (mention you are staying with us) and they will do their best to help. Their equipment includes:
- Stand aid - from £95 a week.
- Mobility Scooters and Wheelchairs
Dorest Nursing Supplies are also happy to assist with specialist equipement and are able to deliver it prior to your arrival. Don't forget to mention you are staying with us and they will do their best to help. The can be contacted on 01202 425070. Their hire equipment includes:
- Stand-Aid from £75 per week
- Dynamic Mattress Overlays, low, medium and high risk from £35 per week
- Mobility Scooters from £75 per week
If you require anything else then please ask - we know that everyone has different needs and we will be happy to help if we can or recommend a company who can assist.