Our Bench - Reviews - Discover what our guests think!
Direct Reviews from Guests through our direct booking links
Reviews and quotes from Guests whom have stayed at Our Bench Self Catering Holiday Cottages
- "We are booking so soon for next year as we noted that your bookings for next year are quickly filling up... your accommodation is nearly 300 miles away from us, we now know the area, appreciate the wildlife in the New Forest and know that your location is an excellent base for exploring the surrounding places. Your location is within walking distance of Lymington, which means we can ditch the transport and walk to most local places of interest. Shops and Supermarkets are all within walking distance which for a disabled person is quite unique. On this occasion booking again was as they say a “no brainer”, as your accommodation meets all our disabled requirement needs." -
- "We managed to get a late availability break over the August Bank Holiday week. It's a real home from home. Fully wheelchair accessible throughout. Plenty of space for two of us. Profile beds, full wet room and great kitchen through lounge. Parking is right outside the door. Lovely garden areas to sit outside and have an alfresco meal. It's very peaceful and quiet, in a quiet residential area of town. Dark in the evenings and with motion activated lights outside. It felt very safe and secure. There are a few takeaways, Tesco Express and pharmacy close by so easy to get all the bits for cooking or not if you want to. Handy location for exploring the New Forest, the Isle of Wight and further afield should you wish to. We are already planning for next year! "
Euan's Guide - Little Bench
- "Garden bench was a very well equipped bungalow and we felt that every single thing had been thought about to make the time there as easy and comfortable as possible for not only the person with a disability but for all of the people using this beautiful bungalow. I would happily recommend a stay there for anyone wanting to visit the new forest area. Helen and Matt were most helpful. So thank you both we may well see you again next year. Carole and Pam xx" - Garden Bench
- "Lovely accommodation, very clean and works very well for people with a disability. The owners are very nice and so helpful. would definitely recommend to anyone." The Henshaw's - Garden Bench
- "They are superb and what a joy to visit truly accessible holiday accommodation. You've taken such care to ensure that everything is available." Green Island Holiday Trust
- "I just wanted to say Thank you so much for making our mini break with Mum this week so comfortable, accessible and enjoyable. We were very impressed with the cottage and the high standard and cleanliness. It was refreshing to have such a well equipped cottage with so much thought it into ensuring we had all we needed. We could relax knowing that Mum wouldn’t struggle to adapt to the layout. She thoroughly enjoyed herself and would certainly love to come again, which in itself is a huge compliment as she usually is very resistant to going away from her flat. Our compliments to you both on the beautiful artwork. Kind regards Lynn " Bench Cottage
- "Thank you Helen and Matt for a lovely week despite storm Dennis and a couple of boys being under par. Its lovely having all we need to function as a family and super mum to have a proper coffee when she sits down. The location is convenient to family and our favourite walk at Avon Beach although this year more of a blow you along type of walk. It's really great to have ceiling track hoists and a changing bench for Mr S. We will be back next year. Mrs P - Bench Cottage.
- "Thank you for providing such fab accommodation.We had several great stays with you. The last one enabled us to bring our dog too. Defo some great memories. Only place with a ceiling hoist we’ve been too. Lovely to have garden for the dog, she really loved her walks to the park to meet other dog walkers. Very friendly area, home from home." Karen - Garden Bench
- "Dave and I found the holiday at a Little Bench life changing. It was a wonderful week away but it opened my eyes to what is possible to do despite Dave’s illness." Lois - Little Bench and as a result of their holiday Lois and David they realised "... there is a different way of living" and seeked further advice from a Home Improvements charity.
- "I am paraplegic and found everything was completely accessible... The homemade chocolate cake, waiting for us, was polished off immediately on arrival. The dog equipment, available in the conservatory, was also very useful." Maureen and Derek - Garden Bench
- "This accommodation caters for the Severely Disabled person who is confined to a Wheelchair 24hours , 7 days a week!! The accommodation has Profile Beds, Ceiling Hoists, Wheel-in-Shower Chair and Wet Room. It has everything that a disabled person would want including a changing places Wet Room..." Read more - Euan's Guide - Denise - Bench Cottage
- "Both my husband Jeff and I were very impressed with Garden Bench and the way things had been really thought out for disabled people. It is always the most personal things, like shower, toilet access that can make or break a holiday for me. In this case, both were excellent.
We will definitely consider returning. " Maureen, Jeff and Dora - Garden Bench
- "What can we say about it.......Well it's absolutely amazing. It's perfect. Everything you could possibly need. We have stayed there many times and would never consider staying elsewhere. Its well worth the drive down from Burnley Lancashire. Helen and Matt are lovely people and pop around to see if we are okay and if we need anything at all. Helen makes the most amazing cakes. We always enjoy our stays but this last one will stay with us forever. We went into part of the forest we didn't know was there. We learnt so much about the forest from Helen. The photos she took are amazing. It was a perfect memory day for us. We laughed and laughed despite the rain. John in his chair splashing through the puddles,he relaxed and enjoyed every minute. Thank you to Mary, Helen and Matt for making our holiday so memorable. I always feel I've had a rest while we are there. The ceiling track hoists make a huge difference. It's a perfect place. We will be back xx It's the best holiday accommodation we have ever stayed in" Irene Morris - Bench Cottage
- "This is the first time we have been stayed in a property that is adapted for the needs of the disabled. it was wonderful for my wife to be able to have a shower whist on holiday, and for her to be able to move around freely in her wheelchair when ever she wanted.
The home made scones went down a treat when we arrived, thank you. The welcome pack and the info on the website, along with the personal recommendations from Helen made it easy for us to plan our stay." Steve Jeffery - Little Bench
"A lovely location, a 5 min drive in one direction and you are amongst the free roaming animals of the New Forest, 5 mins in the other and you are on the coast overlooking the needles on the IoW.
The accommodation was more than adequate for a wheelchair user, everything is on one level with ample room indoors and to park in the driveway and get a wheelchair alongside the car. We had a warm welcome when we arrived. Highly recommended and I would definitely book again if visiting the area" Andy Booth stayed in Garden Bench.
- "This was a real home away from home. All the equipment we have at home was there as arranged which made things very easy. The wet room was brilliant. The weather was great and we made good use of the garden and conservatory. The owners popped round on the first day to check we had everything we wanted and answered any questions we had which was a nice touch. Good location. Would definitely stay again" Euan's Guide - stayed in Garden Bench
- "I've been here twice and absolutely love it. The bungalow is perfectly adapted and the owner is very helpful. There's a lovely garden and it's a beautiful area." Ali Moor on facebook recommending our cottages!
- "Having just arrived home we wanted to thank you both for allowing us the privilege of staying in Little Bench.
Gilly and I have stayed in many accessible holiday establishments over the years but never have we stayed anywhere that’s perfect for our needs. Until now. Little Bench is everything we could have wished for. Spacious, very well equipped, beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean and perfectly located to make the most of what the area has to offer. We’ve left a review on Euans Guide saying the same. Rest assured, we’ll definitely be back. Thanks again for everything you’ve done to make our stay in Little Bench so very enjoyable." by email.
- "Great holiday cottage, has got lots of eqiupment for disabled. Our daughter found it easily accessible with electric riser beds and wheel in shower chair. The area is nice and quiet and Lymington is only a short stroll away. Plenty to see and do in the area and a few nice flat walk at Milford on sea. The Ship on lymington quay is an accesible pub with nice food. Overall we really enjoyed staying here and would highly recommend." Read more on Euan's Guide
- "This bungalow is really fantastic, all we needed was there and we had lots of space. I can't recommend enough! And such a lovely place - we had the sea, city and history in Winchester and of course New Forest with horses, horses, horses..." Stayed in Garden Bench - read more here on Euan's Guide:
- "When they state accessible they really mean it here! We had no problems at all. The equipment we had asked for was all ready there. There was scones and jam waiting. The location is excellent. We walked down to the town centre twice. Lovely comfortable beds and a good wet room. Will definitely recommend them." Stayed in Little Bench - read more on Euan's Guide.
- "A lovely, well thought out bungalow. Lovely spot and masses to do nearby. It was refreshing to visit somewhere which had hoists etc, but was also stylishly decorated. Too many places just concentrate on the equipment and it feels institutional. Not so here. Highly recommend" Stayed in Bench Cottage - read more on Euan's Guide.
- "At last accessible accommodation that understands the needs of disabled people. Great that you can hire (free of charge) many of the accessories (walkers, raisers etc.) needed, so more room in the car for the journey. Lovely and clean and in a great location." - Bench Cottage - Read more on Euan's Guide.
- "Spent #Accessday out with some of the co-owners of the accessible holiday cottages in Lymington enjoying a delightful walk along the sea wall, I did a 6 miles circular tour of the coast, market and quayside in the Spring sunshine in my power chair, enjoying the wonderful solent and New Forest" Found on Euan's Guide.
- " Excellent accommodation for our needs; good size bedrooms for the wheelchair and hoist; Huge bathroom which was great for the hoist, commode and wheelchair use. Good size living-room with reclining chair and very well equipped kitchen for all kind of cooking. The whole bungalow was furnish to a high standard with wide doors for wheelchairs. The front and back gardens was very well kept complete with bird feeders. The personal touch of Helen was very much appreciated. welcome cake; advice on places and things to do and making herself available for any issues. She supply us with a portable hoist on top of the ceiling one to help us with our needs." - John, Garden Bench - read more on Euan's Guide.
- "Another lovely weeks stay at garden bench, as always totally comfortable for Paul and so clean and tidy. See you again at Christmas"
- "Lovely Accessible Accommodation in the New Forest, ceiling hoists and profiling beds are great!
- "The bungalow is fanatastic. all we needed was there and enough space. We had a lovely time and will definitely be back."
- "A well thought out bungalow which manages to be accessible and attractive. For once, it didn’t disappoint as so many ‘disabled friendly ‘ places do. Highly recommend."
- "Had a lovely long weekend - facilities were excellent - warm cosy cottage will definitely book again"
"Lovely walks with wheelchair user and our dog. Especially the Lymington to Keyhaven walks with the fabulous birdwatching. Also Highcliffe On Sea Though the going back uphill to carpark was quite challenging. First holiday accomodation with ceiling track and hoist!!!!!!"
We have also discovered some guests have kindly left us a review on Google.
- "Lovely location - amazing and well equipped! Very accessible and suitable for my husband's disabilities. The ceiling host and profiling bed, made the stay just perfect for us all. Highly recommended."
- We have been awarded a 5 star rating!
Holiday Availabilty For All Three Cottages - Book Now!