Our Bench - Little Bench - Wheelchair accessible Accommodation for two
Little Bench - Wheelchair accessible Accommodation for two
Little Bench is a semi detached bungalow providing disabled friendly self catering holiday accommodation on the outskirts of Lymington, just 2 miles from the New Forest National Park. It is purpose built holiday accommodation, in a lovely quiet location, modernly furnished with all those home from home touches that help make your holiday easy and relaxing and is designed for up to two guests.
Little Bench situtated on the outskirts of Lymington. It's great a base to explore the New Forest National Park (the park boundary is at the end of the road), to discover the picturesque town of Lymington, to enjoy day trips to Beaulieu, Portsmouth, Salisbury. Spend time on one of the beautiful south coast beaches or to enjoy a bracing walk along the coastal paths of the Lymington to Keyhaven nature reserve. There are lots of places to visit nearby from theme parks to ornamental gardens, crazy golf to museums, see our useful information guide.
Facilities At a glance
- A large open plan lounge/ dining area and kitchen
- A large light and airy bedroom with a ceiling hoist and profiling beds
- A large well laid out wheelchair friendly wet room.
- Central heating & free Wifi as standard.
- Off road parking & EV charger available.
- All the accommodation is on ground floor, with level access throughout with a large shared garden.
- Access Statement available here, layout plan and 360 tour below (scroll down).
Little Bench - perfect for couples - designed to be fully accessible for two!
- There is a Height adjustable profiling / carers bed in the master bedroom with removable rails. The 2nd bed in this bedroom is also a head and foot riser bed. The beds can be arranged as a twin room or a king size bed or request, both beds are accessible via the ceiling hoist
- Accessible Wet Room with a choice of wheeled and static shower chairs or commode - level throughout. Adjustable height washbasin, standard height WC with drop down grab rails and optional toilet seat riser.
- Beautifully fitted modern kitchen with wheelchair access - including all the facilities you need - washing machine, oven, microvave, coffee machine and more... see details below.
- Open plan lounge with an electric riser recliner chair and a comfortable 2 seater sofa and foldaway dining area with seating for four, yet still enabling you maximum space to move around your holiday cottage.
- Colour television with Chrome Cast and Netflix in the lounge, secod large television in the bedroom for lazy morning or early nights!
- Large well maintained shared garden with a variety of tranquil areas to relax in.
- Free wifi
- Designed with wheelchairs in mind - there is plenty of turning space for wheelchair, and level access from the tarmac car park to your door
- We can provide a range of additional equipment such as a Sara Stedy, standing hoist, rota stand, choice of shower chairs for the duration of your stay - and have contacts so Oxygen, specialist matteresses, carers or even a personal chef can come along to make your holiday a restful break.
- The accommodation is made up ready for you - with fresh linen, clean towels, you are even welcome to have shopping delivered before you arrive... as hosts we understand what can make your stay easier for you!
Photos of Little Bench
Little Bench Self Catering Accommodation
The beautiful fitted kitchen includes dishwasher, washing machine, fridge with small freezer, electric oven and a gas hob, microwave, toaster and kettle. China and cutlery for four, a selection of kitchen equipment for cooking. In fact you will find almost everything you need for the perfect holiday. The kitchen units are split level to make easier access for everyone and so there is no excuse not to take your turn at washing up!
The lounge comes equipped with a digital television with Chrome Cast, enabling you to watch your netflix, amazon or You tube account. Comfortable chairs, including a electric riser/recliner chair and a small sofa, a gate leg dining table and chairs. All decorated to a modern standard.
The large bedroom is lovely and light. The bed nearest the window is an electric height adjustable profiling / carers bed with head and foot risers. The second bed is a foot and head riser bed profiling bed. These can be made up as either a twin or king, with access both sides of the bed. When made up as a king - there would be 2 seperate sheets on the bed. the height adjustable profiling bed is nearest to the window, the other side will be just an electric head and foot riser bed. More access can be made to either side. Let us know what you prefer and we will have it made on arrival. There is a ceiling hoist available, which can be used over the beds. A large colour television with remote, bedside cabinets and lights, alarm clock and wardrobe make this a very relaxing room.
The fully accessible wet room, is suitable for disabled and able bodies guests, it comes with an adjustable height basin for your comfort, has plenty of room for a wheelchair and the toilet has drop down hand rails. We even have shower wheel chairs and wet room seats you can borrow for the duration of your stay.
Outside Little Bench there is a large shared garden, with areas laid to lawn, areas planted with seasonal flowers, a sensory and wildlife garden and gente evening lighting. The gardens are not overlooked - so ideal for bird watching and watching the stars at night - we sometimes get vists from foxes, deer, squirrels and other local wildlife. There is outdoor furniture available in both areas, including a garden swing seat - so you can enjoy the sunshine, listen to the birds, read a book or enjoy a BBQ. The guests at Bench Cottage also share this space.
Little Bench is up a long private driveway and the end you will find parking and turning space, all hard standing on tarmac and easy level access to your front door.
Bookings are Friday to Friday peak season. Weekends (Friday to Monday) and short breaks (Monday to Friday) are subject to availabilty. You can book online (please add any specialist requirements in the comments box) with payment by card and instant confirmation - the underlined dates are days you can start your booking, alternatively you are welcome to complete an enquiry form and we will be in touch as soon as we can, where BACS and cheques payments can be made.
Please ensure you have read our terms and conditions, by booking with us you are agreeing these conditions
Plan and 360 tour of the cottage
We understand for some of our guests they would really like to see in advance whether the accommodation is suitable for their needs - our plans are not quite to scale and the furniture sometimes is moved around but these give you an idea of the layout and space available.
Little Bench Access Statement is available online - with measurements of doorways, hoists, weight specifications etc and you can view our rate card here - both open in a new window and you can view a 360 degree tour below.
You are welcome to interact with the tour above, look around the different rooms in Little Bench. Little Bench was made up with twin beds (a super king is available) and a wheeled shower chair and shower stool were placeaced inside the cottage, these are available on request.
Carbon Neutral Holiday Cottage
The electricity used in Little Bench comes from 100% renewable sources and the carbon from the gas used for heating and cooking is completely offset, helping to ensure that we protect our local environment for years to come. We encourage guests to recycle their waste - with glass, tins, cardboard, plastic, paper recycling, composting facilities, and with general race being incinerated to create electricity in the county. With the bus stopping outside the door, you can choose to reduce your vehicle emissions too! We do not have facilities to charge electric cars on the premises but there are fast charging points available in Lymington town centre.
Lymington has many restaurants, public houses and takeaways and lots of individual shops, as well as some national stores. Discover the hidden park behind the shops or visit our market which is held every Saturday from 8am till 4pm, where you can purchase everything you need for your perfect holiday. All within a 20 minute walk or 5 minutes by car. A map giving directions can be found in your cottage.
The New Forest National Park is on your doorstep, where 93,000 acres of forest are waiting for you to explore. See the New Forest ponies wondering through some of the villages, walk through the enclosures and see if you can spot a deer, park up in one of the many New Forest car parks and enjoy a picnic.
Come in the spring when the young foals can be seen everywhere, sit in the shade of the forest or on the cliff tops in the sun. In the autumn come and see the splendor of the autumn colours and in winter the forest is a magical place and there are so many attractions and museums to visit whilst you are here - you will find all the details in your cottage. Explore the local area further and see our suggestions of places to vist, In Lymington, the New Forest, or some Day Trip ideas.