Accessible Equipment -
We have a large range of equipment to make your stay easier - this is not stored on the premises and is booked on a first come first served basis. If you need extra equipment that we are unable to supply - you are welcome to hire it and have it delivered to the cottages on the Friday prior to your arrival between 10am and 1pm.
You can discover more information about our equipment here:
In addition we have created a list of local services and hire companies
- Dorset Nursing Supplies are also happy to assist with specialist equipment and are able to deliver it prior to your arrival. Don't forget to mention you are staying with us and they will do their best to help. They can be contacted on 01202 425070. Their hire equipment includes (but is not limited too: Stand Aid, Dynamic Mattress Overlays, Scooters, standing hoists etc).
- Winton Health Care Soloutions - hire equipment includes full replacement mattress (high risk), overlay mattress med to high risk) and additional profiling beds.
- A local company, Richen's Care is able to hire out a range of additional equipment for the duration of your holiday - it can be delivered to the cottage prior to your arrival and collected on the day of your departure. You can contact Richens Care on 01425 638006 direct to arrange the hire (mention you are staying with us) and they will do their best to help.
- Ableworld based in Bournemouth are also scooter hire - there is a delivery/collection fee to the cottages, daily and weekend rates are available. Ableworld has a 3500 sq ft store in Kinson near Bournemouth. They can sometimes offer a late service - arrange your scooter hire by Wednesday prior to your arrival and they can deliver it on the Friday.
- Dialysis machines - we have had different guests use the following services - Milford War Memorial Hospital - 01590 644135, Totton - 02380 660195 or Wessex Renal Unit 02392 0286000.
- Dolby Vivisol is the home Oxygen Service for this area, and should be able to arrange delivery for you if required.
- Mobility Equipment Direct - a national company who are able to provide a range of equipment from pressure relief mattress hire, alterntive profiling beds, additional riser recliner chairs and more.
If you require anything else then please ask - we know that everyone has different needs and we will be happy to help if we can or recommend a company who can assist.
- To make your stay easier you may like to make arrangements with a private care agency. Please contact and book with them direct, as they can then ensure they provide the service that you require, one of the best places to search for the right care is through the United Kingdom Homecare Association - you can search via location - please use the postcode S041 8HH for the most up to date list of carers available.
United Kingdom Homecare Association Ltd (UKHCA) is the professional association of home care providers from the independent, voluntary, not-for-profit and statutory sectors. UKHCA helps organisations that provide social care (also known as domiciliary care or homecare), which may include nursing services, to people in their own homes, promoting high standards of care and providing representation with national and regional policy-makers and regulators, but due to the demand for care in the New Forest - it is esssential to confirm your carers availabilty before you confirm your holiday dates.
Guests staying at Our Bench Self Catering Cottages have been pleased with the care they have received from the following companies, who are familiar with the cottages - although you are welcome to choose your own.
- Oakhaven care provides sensitive and personalised care originally to patients at Oakhaven Hospice in Lymington, now they are able to care for people in their own home or staying in our holiday cottages and with all profits being ploughed back into the local hospice. The team would be delighted to help guests with personal care, assistance getting up and going to bed, washing and dressing etc.
For more details visit: www.oakhavencare.co.uk or call 01590 646440.
- Bluebird Care has an office in Lymington are able to respite care, give them a call to discuss your needs.
- Kivernell Care - a privately owned caring company based in Lymington who can provide short occassional visits to live in care for the duration of your holiday.
- Forest Care - Home Care Services in New Milton who can be contacted at email@example.com or call 01425 620906.
Driving Miss Daisy offers a friendly, safe and reliable companion driving service, they are a fully license private hire company that offers additional personal assistance and companionship. Joanne, our local co-ordinator is able to help guests maintain their independence, help with day and half day trips and can accommodate up to three guests and 2 fold-up wheelchairs - to contact the Ringwood group directly please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Order your shopping for the week online and have it delivered to the cottage on the Friday prior to your arrival between 10am and 1pm and we will put it in the kitchen for you so that everything is easy to find when you arrive. If you have arranged to have the shopping delivered please let us know so we can expect it.
Taxis - Wheelchair Accessible Transport
- Accessible Transport based in Pennington - acctrans.co.uk - advance booking required... they offer a more personalised service for disabled guests.
- Wheelchair Accessible Taxi Service, Lady Driver, Ample Luggage Space for Airports. Holds one wheelchair and two passengers. Based in New Milton, covering the New Forest Area and Airports. For bookings and information call 0771 8907898
- Ian Pain has an accessible Taxi (carries 4 adults and a wheelchair user) he works mainly weekends, but has some availability during the week - to book call or text 0742 8380877